Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 5 hrs 30 mins high
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6 large), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups 1-inch cauliflower flowerets (about 1/2 large head)
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 sweet orange pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 box (8 ounces) rice noodles
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, rinsed and patted dry (optional)
1. In 5- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker, layer onion, chicken, cauliflower and sweet peppers.
2. In medium-size bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder, salt, paprika, ginger and cayenne pepper. Pour over the chicken and vegetables in the slow cooker. Spread the chickpeas evenly over top.
3. Cover slow cooker; cook on high heat for 5 hours and 20 minutes.
4. At end of 5 hours of cooking time, soak rice noodles in warm water in a large bowl for 10 minutes. Drain.
5. At end of 5 hours and 20 minutes cooking time, add noodles to slow-cooker; cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. To serve, stir basil leaves into curry, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 479, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 82, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 844, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.