Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 17 mins Stand 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 carrots, sliced and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup plain couscous
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for 6 to 7 minutes, turning halfway through or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
2. Add the broth to the skillet and stir in salt, pepper, cumin and cinnamon. Add carrots and onion. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, couscous and chicken. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Fluff gently with a fork and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 361, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 65, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 31, sodium (mg): 685, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.