Servings: 4 Prep 4 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 16 ounce cans whole new potatoes
- 2 13 3/4 ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 10 ounce package frozen corn niblets, thawed and drained
1. Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepan or 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; saute 6 to 8 minutes or until softened.
2. Meanwhile, drain 1 can of potatoes. Combine drained potatoes and 1 can of broth in a blender. Whirl until a smooth puree. Drain remaining can of potatoes; dice potatoes.
3. Add the pureed potatoes, the remaining can of broth, milk, black pepper and thyme to the saucepan. Bring to simmering, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the chicken, diced potato and corn. Heat through, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 379, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 65, carb. (g): 49, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 1388, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.