Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 30 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 3/4 can chicken broth
- 1 14 1/2 can diced tomatoes with mild chopped chiles, drained
- 1 packet Goya Sazon seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white long-grain rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound medium-size shrimp, cleaned
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. In large, deep, heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; saute for 5 minutes, turning once. Remove to a plate and reserve.
2. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes, Sazon seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and simmer, on medium-low heat, covered, for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in peas and 1/2 cup water; simmer, covered, another 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in chicken and shrimp; cook 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in hot pepper sauce and parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 343, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 91, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 45, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 1278, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.