Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 20 mins to 25 mins Cook 35 mins
- 6 frozen puff pastry shells
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces mushrooms, cut into wedges
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 14 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cups Mornay Sauce (recipe on www.familycircle.com)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1. Bake shells at 400 degrees F following package directions; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, place chicken breasts in small saucepan with enough water to cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and scallion; saute for 7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add chicken, tarragon, Mornay Sauce, mustard, salt, black pepper and red pepper; cook for 4 minutes or until heated through. Divide over individual pastry shells. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 505, Fat, total (g): 29, chol. (mg): 104, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 26, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 785, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.