- 8 ounces fresh or dried Asian egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut or other neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 head Napa or savoy cabbage, shredded (5 cups)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin or honey
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the noodles until just tender but not soft, about 3 to 4 minutes; drain the noodles, toss with the sesame oil to keep them from sticking together, and set aside.
2. Heat the peanut oil in a 12-inch skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and carrots, and toss to coat them in the oil; cook until the vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
3. While the vegetables cook, in a small bowl combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and mirin and mix well. When the vegetables are soft, add the chicken and noodles and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until just warmed through. Then add the sauce and toss well to coat everything and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 298, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 87, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 26, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 16, vit. A (IU): 52, vit. C (mg): 27, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 7, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 85, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 883, Potassium (mg): 542, calcium (mg): 111, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.