Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 4 hours
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons crushed cheddar cheese crackers (such as Cheez-Its) (optional)
- 3 cups cooked white or brown rice (optional)
1. Toss together 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and the cornstarch; set aside.
2. Place chicken, broccoli, onion, broth, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and the cheddar cornstarch mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
3. Remove lid and stir remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper into slow cooker. Sprinkle crushed crackers over top and serve immediately with rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 286, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 96, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 633, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.