- 2 cups chopped round red potato (2 medium)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 1 4 ounce can (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
- 1 pound bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, cut up
- Cheesy Biscuits
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine potato, carrot, onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle tapioca over the mixture. Top with chicken thighs. Pour broth over all.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
3. Remove chicken from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and coarsely chop; discard bones. Return meat to slow cooker along with peas and cream cheese. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir well; serve with Cheesy Biscuits.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Prep 10 mins Bake 450°F 10 mins to 12 mins
- 1 2/3 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in milk. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 10 times. Pat into a 1/2-inch-thick circle. With a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter cut into rounds. Reroll scraps as needed. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 369, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 63, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 41, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 18, vit. A (IU): 3741, vit. C (mg): 13, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 56, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 927, Potassium (mg): 444, calcium (mg): 162, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.