Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Microwave 24 mins Stand 10 mins
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces drained marinated artichokes, from a 12-ounce jar, very coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
1. Place onion and olive oil into a deep 4-quart covered microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Stir in rice, chicken broth, salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in chicken and microwave, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
3. Stir in artichokes and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in butter, cheese and basil. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 379, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 60, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 39, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 942, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.