Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Bake 450°F 15 mins /25 minutes at 350 degree F Cook 15 mins
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces, skin removed, wings reserved for another use
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 large sweet peppers, cored, seeded and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 3/4 pound whole-grain penne (such as Ronzoni Smart Taste), cooked following package directions
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased lidded casserole (or large open casserole dish); roast uncovered at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers and garlic and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, wine, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley, mint, oregano and thyme.
3. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Serve chicken and sauce over cooked pasta. Garnish with grated Romano cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 475, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 123, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 49, sodium (mg): 508, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.