This make-ahead chicken recipe is perfect for entertaining. The three kinds of mushrooms--porcini, shiitake, and white--make it special while boneless, skinless chicken thighs keep the cost down.
1. Pour boiling water over porcini in bowl; soak 10 minutes. Drain through sieve lined with paper toweling. Chop.
2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. In saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add half the chicken; cook until lightly browned, 3 minutes per side. Remove to bowl; repeat with rest of chicken.
3. Reduce heat to medium-high; add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the onion and garlic; saute for 4 minutes or until onion is softened.
4. Add porcini, shiitake and white mushrooms; saute 10 minutes, until softened. Stir in tomatoes with puree, porcini liquid, remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, capers and pepper flakes, breaking up tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Return chicken to pan; cook 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. (Can be made a day ahead; refrigerate, tightly covered; gently reheat to serve.)
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions.Persillade:
6. Mix parsley and garlic in small bowl. (Can be made a day ahead; refrigerate, tightly covered.)
7. Transfer drained pasta to bowl; toss with half the chicken. Top with remaining chicken, then persillade.