Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 7 hrs 30 mins (low) or 4 hours (high)
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, skin and excess fat removed
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, broth, wine, chicken, pork, tomato paste, thyme and bay leaf, and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 7-1/2 hours.
2. Stir in 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, beans, kielbasa, fresh thyme, salt and pepper; remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf and discard. Sprinkle each serving with 1/2 tablespoon crumbs and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 498, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 153, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 44, sodium (mg): 945, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.