Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, packed in juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 drops hot-pepper sauce
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, slivered
- 4 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Combine cornstarch and pepper in bowl. Add chicken to coat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in nonstick large skillet. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes per side until browned. Remove; keep warm.
3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add onion, garlic, pineapple, sugar and hot-pepper sauce. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
4. Bring pineapple mixture to boiling. Stir in sweet peppers, citrus rinds, lime juice and salt. Add chicken. Heat over medium-low 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Stir in cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 279, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 73, carb. (g): 20, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 335, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.