Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 cup cracker meal
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Wondra flour
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 5 to 6 ounces each
- 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 package (28 ounces) frozen shoestring potatoes, cooked following package directions
Make It Sauce:
1. In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, relish, parsley, capers, mustard, lemon juice, pepper sauce and onion salt. Mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Chicken:
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together the cracker meal, chili powder, onion salt, cumin and cayenne pepper. In a second shallow dish, lightly beat the eggs. Place flour in a third shallow dish. Coat a chicken breast half in the flour. Dip in the egg mixture until completely covered and coat in the seasoned cracker meal. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
3. Heat 12-inch nonstick saute pan or skillet briefly over medium-high heat; add shortening. When shortening is hot, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on an instant read thermometer. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Slice the chicken on an angle and serve with the remoulade and the shoestring potatoes.
Note Editors Note:
- Throughout this recipe we used Wondra flour, a granulated variety that tends to form a good coating; however, regular white unbleached flour could be substituted, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 626, Fat, total (g): 34, chol. (mg): 199, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 40, sodium (mg): 1237, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.