1. Cut wings from breast quarters. Place chicken in 10-inch pie plate. Sprinkle both sides with black and red pepper. Pour on buttermilk. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour, turning over once.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour enough vegetable oil into electric skillet or regular large skillet to reach a depth of 1/2 inch. Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
3. Spread bread crumbs on waxed paper. Lift chicken from buttermilk; coat chicken on all sides with the bread crumbs.
4. Carefully cook chicken in oil to brown on both sides, 7 to 9 minutes total. Drain on paper toweling. Arrange chicken in single layer in shallow baking pan.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and the meat is no longer pink near the bone.