1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To preapre chicken wings, remove wing tips and discard; separate into 2 pieces at joint.
3. Mix on plate flour, salt, and ground black pepper. Coat wings with flour mixture.
4. Heat in deep fryer or deep, heavy pot over medium heat to 350 degrees F.
5. Add just enough wings as will fit in single layer without crowding. Fry, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper toweling and keep warm on baking sheet in oven. Repeat with remaining wings.
6. Heat in small saucepan over low heat butter until foaming. Remove from heat and stir in red-wine vinegar and hot-red-pepper sauce. Transfer wings to large bowl. Add sauce and toss until evenly coated.