Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Chill 30 mins Broil 170°F 14 mins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 cups bite-size pieces romaine lettuce (about 1 head)
- 4 cups bite-size pieces iceberg lettuce (about 1 head)
- 4 rib celery, from the heart, cut into 1-inch-long, thin matchstick pieces
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
Make It Dressing:
1. Mix mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, blue cheese, hot-pepper sauce and milk in small bowl. Salad:
2. Place chicken in glass dish. Add 1/3 cup dressing and hot-pepper sauce; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix together carrot, romaine, iceberg and celery in bowl.
4. Heat broiler. Transfer chicken to broiler pan; discard marinade. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8 minutes; turn and broil 6 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees F on instant-read thermometer.
5. Add remaining dressing to greens in bowl. Cut chicken into thin slices. Place on salad. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 318, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 76, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 6, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 488, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.