1. Combine butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, pepper and bay leaves in small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer marinade 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Discard bay leaves.
2. Combine chicken and marinade in shallow dish or sealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 1 large roasting pan or 2 smaller ones. Place chicken in pan(s). Reserve the marinade.
4. Bake in 425 degrees F oven 40 to 45 minutes or until no longer pink near bone; baste with marinade occasionally. Discard any leftover marinade.
5. Increase oven temperature to broil. Run chicken under broiler to crisp skin, about 3 minutes. Serve.