Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Bake 500°F 15 mins Broil 3 mins to 5 mins
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces, skin removed
- 1 jar (8-ounce) sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tablespoons oil from 8-ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 500 degrees F. Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with foil.
2. Arrange chicken pieces in pan.
3. Add sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons oil from tomatoes, basil, Parmesan, garlic and pepper to food processor or blender. Whirl until smooth. Spread about half (about 1/4 cup) of the pesto over chicken.
4. Bake in 500 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Heat broiler. Spread remaining pesto over chicken. Broil 6 inches from heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Serve with steamed new potatoes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 384, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 181, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 7, pro. (g): 58, sodium (mg): 345, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.