Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 13 mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 boneless, skinned chicken breasts (about 12 ounces), cut into 1- x 1/2-inch strips
- 2 bunches (1-3/4 pounds) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Cooked rice (optional)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken; cook 1 minute; stir and cook 1 minute more or until chicken is almost cooked through. Remove chicken to plate.
2. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add asparagus, sweet pepper, onion, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add broth, soy and hoisin sauce. Cook 4 minutes. Add chicken.
3. Combine cornstarch and water in small dish; add to skillet. Cook until heated through and thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with cooked rice if you wish.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 207, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 43, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 10, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 635, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.