Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Chill 30 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon dark Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 pound snow peas, halved
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 1 pound packages coleslaw mix
- 2 scallions, trimmed, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Combine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in large plastic food-storage bag. Add chicken; seal. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Remove chicken from marinade; pat dry; reserve marinade (3/4 cup). Heat oil in large, deep, heavy pot over medium-high. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes each side, until internal temperature reads 170 degrees F on instant-read thermometer. Remove to plate.
3. In same pot, saute snow peas and pepper 2 minutes. Add marinade and broth; simmer 3 minutes. Add coleslaw. Cover; cook 3 minutes, until wilted. Slice chicken 1/4 inch thick. Toss with coleslaw. Garnish with scallions and almonds.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 224, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 42, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 856, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.