This Italian chicken and pasta recipe stars a peppery tomato sauce called arrabbiata. Serve with a crisp green salad to cool the heat.
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil over high heat.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Push the mushrooms to one side of the skillet and add the chicken and cook for about 7 minutes or until cooked through, turning halfway through cooking. Season the chicken and mushrooms with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Remove chicken and mushrooms to a plate and reserve.
3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato sauce, red pepper flakes and remaining salt. Cook for 2 minutes. Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet and heat through.
4. While sauce is cooking, prepare pasta following package directions. Drain pasta thoroughly.
5. Add pasta to skillet and toss. Serve immediately with shredded cheese.