A triple dose of apples gives this chicken recipe it's intense flavor. Allow two hours for the chicken to marinate.
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine apple juice concentrate, cider vinegar, pumpkin pie spice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add chicken; shake to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a rack in a roasting pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Place the chicken in the roasting pan and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Roast for 50 to 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Baste with marinade twice during cooking.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add apples; saute for 6 minutes, turning apples halfway through cooking. Remove apples to a plate and keep warm.
4. Wipe out the skillet and add the marinade. Bring to a simmer. In a medium bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, flour and Dijon mustard. Gradually whisk in the heated apple juice concentrate mixture. Return mixture to the skillet and simmer for an additional minute.
5. Serve the chicken with the apples, brown rice and sauce.