Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, orange and green pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet orange pepper,cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 cups instant brown rice
- 6 1 ounce slices fontina cheese
1. Saute peppers in 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until softened. Season with half the salt, half the Italian seasoning and half the black pepper. Remove peppers to plate; keep warm.
2. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Season chicken with remaining salt, Italian seasoning and pepper. Add to skillet; cook about 4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees F.
3. Fix rice following package directions.
4. Evenly divide half of peppers over top of each chicken breast. Place 1 slice of cheese on each; top with remaining peppers. Cover; leave on top of stove until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Serve with brown rice, pre-made salad.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 546, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 127, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 47, sodium (mg): 515, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.