Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 22 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
2. Add remaining tablespoon of oil, sweet potatoes and onion to skillet and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook 3 minutes. Stir in curry powder, cayenne and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute. Add broth and tomatoes; cook 5 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
3. Add chicken and heat through. Stir in mint and serve over cooked quinoa.
Variation Kid Tweak
- For a less spicy version, cut cayenne down to a pinch.
- Eliminate chicken in step one; replace with diced broiled tofu.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 458, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 110, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 50, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 31, sodium (mg): 762, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.