Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Total Time 25 mins
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quick cooking bulgur wheat
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 fully-cooked chicken sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken broth and bulgur and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and bulgur is tender. Stir in tomatoes, mint, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Serve over the bulgur.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 323, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 60, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 41, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 8, sugar (g): 12, pro. (g): 20, vit. A (IU): 869, vit. C (mg): 13, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 26, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 672, Potassium (mg): 372, calcium (mg): 27, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.