Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Total Time 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved, or 1 loaf cut into 4 sections, halved
- 3 Grilled Chicken Thighs, cut into strips*
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 thin slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Spread a thin layer of pesto on the cut sides of the rolls. Layer the bottom halves of each roll with a quarter of the chicken, spinach, and mozzarella and replace the tops.
2. Lightly coat the top and bottom of the panini with cooking spray. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Place paninis in the pan, and place another heavy skillet on top of the sandwiches to press them down. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Note Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Season 3/4 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs (3 thighs) with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until no longer pink (170 degrees F), about 15 minutes. Refrigerate until needed.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 305, Fat, total (g): 12, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 652, calcium (mg): 203, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.