Servings: 6 Hands On 25 mins Total Time 35 mins
- 6 ounces dry pad Thai rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetables oil
- 6 cups coarsely shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups weekend-prepped shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar.
3. In a very large nonstick skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage and carrots. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until cabbage is lightly wilted. Move the veggies to one side of the pan. Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until scrambled, about 30 seconds. Add the noodles, chicken, and sauce mixture. Cook and stir 1 minute. Serve with peanuts, lime wedges, and cilantro, if desired.
Tip Weekend-prepped shredded chicken
- Tear meat from one rotisserie chicken, discard skin and bones. Refrigerate meat in a zip-top bag.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 309, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 104, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 34, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 17, vit. A (IU): 3745, vit. C (mg): 24, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 86, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 750, Potassium (mg): 460, calcium (mg): 98, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.