Start to Finish About 30 mins
- 12 ounces boneless chicken strips for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tablespoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup purchased julienne or coarsely shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat packaged biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large saucepan cook and stir chicken in hot oil 2 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle flour and marjoram over chicken. Stir in broth, vegetables, and water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl combine biscuit mix, cornmeal, and cheese. Stir in milk just until mixture is moistened. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto hot liquid, making 8 dumplings. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes until dumplings test done. (Do not lift cover while simmering.) Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 445, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 55, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 25, vit. A (RE): 896, vit. C (mg): 5, sodium (mg): 716, calcium (mg): 131, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.