Servings: 6 Slow Cook 7 hrs to 9 hrs
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inch section fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen mango cubes
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1. Stir together the first nine ingredients in the slow cooker. Add the chicken and turn it over a few times so that its well coated. Put the sweet potato, onion, and peppers on top of the chicken.
2. Cover and cook for 4 to 6 hours on high or 7 to 9 hours on low.
3. Stir the mango, cashews, and lime juice into the curry, then cover and heat just until the mango is no longer frozen (about 20 minutes).
4. Serve the curry with cilantro.