Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 11 mins
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
1. Soak cashews in 1/4 cup boiling water for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high; add onion, ginger and garlic. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in curry powder, turmeric and chicken. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in broth, tomato sauce and salt; simmer 3 minutes.
3. In a food processor, blend cashews, soaking water and yogurt. Blend cornstarch with 1 tbsp water; add to skillet. Stir in cashew mixture and cook 2 minutes. Serve with basmati rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 496, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 80, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 669, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.