- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 fresh portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 6 10-inch whole wheat flour tortillas or sundried tomato tortillas
- 6 tablespoons hummus
- 1 bunch fresh basil
1. In a small bowl combine the oil, garlic, and thyme; mix well. Brush the chicken, mushrooms, zucchini, and pepper with the oil mixture.
2. Place chicken and peppers on the grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (165 degrees F). Meanwhile grill mushrooms for 10 minutes or until tender, and grill zucchini for 6 minutes or until just tender. Slice the chicken, pepper halves and mushrooms.
3. Microwave the tortillas on high for 30 seconds. Spread 1 tablespoon of the hummus on each tortilla. Top with the chicken, vegetables, and basil leaves. Roll the tortillas up like a burrito. Wrap in unbleached parchment paper, tucking in the ends. Slice in half at an angle.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 489, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 55, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 59, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 27, vit. A (IU): 807, vit. C (mg): 34, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 42, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 552, Potassium (mg): 506, calcium (mg): 66, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.