Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 16 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 ounces kielbasa (from a 14 oz pkg) sliced into coins
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 8 ounce package frozen okra, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup instant rice
- 4 scallions, sliced
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and garlic; cook for 5 more minutes, stirring.
2. Add tomatoes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, the chicken broth, okra, 1 cup water, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes; stir in rice and simmer for 3 additional minutes.
3. To serve, spoon into individual bowls and garnish with scallions.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 348, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 74, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 834, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.