Prep 15 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Lawry's)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. In a medium saucepan, combine tomatoes, butter, salt and 1/8 tsp of the pepper. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken with seasoned salt and remaining 1/2 tsp black pepper. Combine flour and cornstarch in a bowl; dredge chicken in mixture.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees .
4. Serve chicken with tomato gravy and, if desired, Dirty Rice.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 466, Fat, total (g): 27, chol. (mg): 117, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 587, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.