Servings: 4 to 6 Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 4 ounce can chopped mild green chilis
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 10 ounce cans mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Sliced avocado
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, tortilla chips, chopped cherry tomatoes
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Mix in green chilis, corn, flour, and cumin. Stir in broth and enchilada sauce. Bring to a simmer.
2. Add shredded chicken, and let soup simmer 15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
3. Top soup with avocado and, if desired, cheese, tortilla chips, and cherry tomatoes.