- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 5 ounce container baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Weekend-Prepped Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
1. Cook the rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until aromatic. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Add the curry powder and toast, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
2. Stir in the the coconut milk, crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the spinach, chicken, and peas and cook until the meat peas are warmed through and the spinach has wilted. Serve over the rice.
1. Pull the chicken from the rotisserie chicken; discard the skin and bones.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 377, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 48, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 46, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 19, vit. A (IU): 2692, vit. C (mg): 21, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 95, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 612, Potassium (mg): 488, calcium (mg): 79, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.