Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Bake 400°F 8 mins Cook 17 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with zesty green chilies
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 cups corn tortilla chips (from a 9-ounce bag)
- 1 7 1/2 ounce bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- Sliced canned jalapeno peppers, sour cream, prepared guacamole, diced tomatoes and fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat oil in a large, lidded nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook an additional minute. Add ground chicken and increase heat to medium-high. Stir in chili powder, salt and cumin and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
2. Stir in diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, arrange half of the tortilla chips on an oven-safe platter or rimmed baking sheet. Spoon half the chicken chili over chips and top with 3/4 cup of the cheese. Repeat layering. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes or until cheese has melted. Garnish with jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes and cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 462, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 87, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 45, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 813, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.