Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Cook 6 mins Bake 400°F 10 mins
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten-free cornflake crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 gluten-free waffles (such as Van's), toasted
- Broccoli slaw (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees . Combine honey and red pepper flakes; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, 3/4 tsp of the salt and the black pepper. In a second bowl, beat egg. In a third bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Dredge chicken in flour, then egg and finally cornflakes.
3. Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken 3 minutes per side, until golden. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, until cooked through.
4. Place chicken on toasted waffles. Drizzle with spicy honey and serve with broccoli slaw, if using.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 456, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 97, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 663, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.