Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Marinate 30 mins Grill 8 mins
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 small breasts, about 4 ounces each)
- 3 pounds summer squash (mixed zucchini and yellow squash)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Pour half the dressing into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken to bag and coat well. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high. Using a vegetable peeler, remove large, lengthwise strips from yellow squash and zucchini. Toss with remaining dressing, the almonds, cheese and basil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and grill 4 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Serve chicken over squash salad.
- A mandoline is handy for slicing vegetables but isn't necessary for this recipe. Simply run a vegetable peeler lengthwise down the zucchini and yellow squash (it also works with cheese) to create perfectly thin strips.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 371, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 102, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 42, sodium (mg): 500, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.