Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 25 mins Slow Cook on LOW for 6 hours
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 whole chicken (4 lbs), quartered
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Kitchen Basics)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pkg (8.8 oz) Uncle Ben's whole grain brown Ready Rice
- Freshly cracked pepper
1. Place carrots, celery, onion, thyme, cloves and peppercorns in slow cooker. Arrange chicken, including back and wings, on top. Pour in chicken stock and 1 cup water. Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
2. Remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred, discarding bones and skin. Return meat to slow cooker and stir in dill, salt and rice. Serve with freshly cracked pepper.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 372, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 135, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 55, sodium (mg): 820, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.