Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with jalapenos, drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground cornmeal
- Shredded Monterey Jack (optional)
1. In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine onion, chicken, broth, green pepper, jalapeno, 1 1/2 tsp of the cumin and 1/4 tsp each of the cayenne and salt. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
2. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove chicken to a cutting board and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker with remaining 1/4 tsp each of the cumin and cayenne, the tomatoes, corn and beans. Gently mash some of the beans against side of bowl to thicken chili. Stir in cornmeal and remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
3. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack, if using.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 287, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 45, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 736, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.