Servings: 4 Yield: 5 cups Active Time 25 mins Total Time 25 mins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups coleslaw mix with carrot
- 1 1/4 cups shredded or chopped chicken
- 1/2 tart apple, matchstick-cut
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar, honey, celery seed, salt, and pepper.
2. Add the coleslaw mix, chicken, apple, green onion, and parsley, if using. Toss to coat. Refrigerate or keep cool until ready to eat.
Tip For Mom:
- For a delicious flavor boost, sprinkle some pickled jalapeno pepper slices and toasted almond slices on your slaw before eating. Pack separately if taking for lunch.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 273, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 45, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 8, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 8, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 14, vit. A (RE): 15, vit. C (mg): 25, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 6, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 283, Potassium (mg): 151, calcium (mg): 43, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.