Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (1/2 oz.), very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon jarred chopped garlic in olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole-wheat Greek pita flatbread rounds
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced into 8 slices
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine basil, 1 Tbs. olive oil, garlic, oregano and salt.
2. Brush one side of each flatbread with the remaining 1 tsp. olive oil. Turn flatbread, oil side down. Cut each flatbread in half. Spread basil mixture on 4 halves of the flatbread. Place tomatoes on top of basil mixture. Top tomatoes with mozzarella cheese. Place remaining 4 flatbread halves on top of mozzarella, oil side up.
3. Preheat a covered indoor grill, panini press, grill pan, or large skillet. Place sandwiches (half at a time if necessary) in grill. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 289, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 18, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 37, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 9, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 14, vit. A (IU): 674, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 11, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 590, Potassium (mg): 114, calcium (mg): 236, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.