Servings: 12 Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 1 hr 30 mins
- 8 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces whole-wheat bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups broccoli or broccolini
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded (1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Place half of the bread cubes in the prepared dish. Top with half of the bacon, tomatoes, broccoli, and cheese. Repeat the layering with the remaining ingredients. Pour the egg mixture over the layers. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 205, Fat, total (g): 8, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 405, calcium (mg): 227, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.