The recipe for this pretty holiday cake starts with a shortbread cookie crust. A chopped toffee crunch candy bar adds a touch of chocolate to the coffee liqueur-flavored filling.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together the crumbs and butter. Press over bottom and partially up side of a 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate while making filling.
3. Beat cream cheese 1 minute. Add 1 cup of the sugar and the cornstarch; beat for 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add sour cream, liqueur and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in chopped candy bar. Pour into crust.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 90 minutes, until just set. Run a knife around edge of cake to separate from pan. Cool in pan on rack. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove side of pan. Whip cream and 1 tablespoon sugar to stiff peaks. Spread onto cake; garnish with candy bar, if desired.