Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
1. Heat water to boiling in heavy medium-size saucepan. Gradually add the grits, stirring constantly to keep the mixture smooth. Stir in the salt. Continue to cook according to package directions, for 7 to 15 minutes or until the grits are thick but not stiff. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
2. Stir in the butter and cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 270, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 46, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 486, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.