Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Start to Finish 25 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Cauliflower Puree
- 4 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
1. In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add broth all at once. Whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally. Whisk in cauliflower puree; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
2. Cool mixture slightly. In a blender, blend mixture, half at a time, until smooth.
3. Ladle soup into bowls.
- 8 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Steam cauliflower florets until tender, about 14 minutes. Puree in a food processor with half and half, and salt and pepper to taste. Freeze half.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 188, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 14, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 444, vit. C (mg): 42, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 64, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 484, Potassium (mg): 321, calcium (mg): 291, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.