Servings: 12 Yield: 6 cups Active Time 25 mins Total Time 25 mins plus a few hours rest
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, tough stems removed, leaves cut into ribbons (4 cups)
- 9 - 10 ounce package shaved Brussels sprouts (4 cups)
- 1 llarge bulb fennel, fronds reserved, bulb trimmed and thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the chard, sprouts, fennel bulb and onion.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil. Pour dressing over the vegetables and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least six hours or overnight. The acid in the dressing tenderizes the vegetables during the rest.
3. Chop reserved fennel fronds and sprinkle over slaw before serving.
- To quickly and easily slice chard into ribbons, remove the stems and stack the leaves. Roll them up like a log and slice.
- A mandoline makes quick work of thinly slicing the sprouts, fennel and onion. If you don't have one, take your time with a large, sharp kitchen knife.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 102, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 5, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 1412, vit. C (mg): 27, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 23, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 246, Potassium (mg): 246, calcium (mg): 30, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.