Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs to 7 hrs 30 mins HIGH/LOW
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, skin and excess fat removed
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, broth, wine, chicken, pork, tomato paste, thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 7 1/2 hours.
2. Stir in 3/4 cup of the bread crumbs, the beans, kielbasa, chopped thyme, salt and pepper; remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf and discard. Sprinkle each serving with 1/2 tbsp bread crumbs and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 498, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 153, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 44, sodium (mg): 945, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.