Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Bake 325°F 50 mins
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) shredded cheddar
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) shredded jalapeno cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham (about 5 ounces)
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon prepared fajita seasoning
- Diced sweet red pepper, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 14-cup glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together egg yolks and flour in large bowl. Stir in the sour cream, cheddar cheese, jalapeno cheese, ham, sweet red pepper, green chiles and fajita seasoning until well blended.
3. Beat egg whites in second large bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form; do not overbeat or mixture will separate. Fold beaten egg whites into cheese mixture. Turn mixture out into prepared baking dish.
4. Bake in 325 degree F oven about 50 minutes or until puffed and top is golden brown. Garnish with red pepper, if desired. Serve warm. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 499, Fat, total (g): 38, chol. (mg): 306, sat. fat (g): 22, carb. (g): 12, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 781, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.